The Whitby Public Library is committed to being a valued community builder, and as part of this, we are able to bring various library services, expertise and resources directly to our community, outside of our library walls. We want to meet, learn and share with Whitby residents where they are.
Pop up Library
Our Pop up Library service allows us to deliver our resources and expertise at various locations around Whitby, by temporarily setting up a mini-library. Catch us popping up around Whitby this fall...
- Farmer's Market | Wednesday, October 4,11,18,25 | 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. | Celebration Square | Catch us again at the Farmer's Market this week! Check out a book or sign up a library card.
- Heritage Day | Saturday, September 30th | 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. | Downtown Whitby | Learn something about historic Whitby or take part in a children's activity, we'll be part of Heritage Day all day long.
Out and About
The Library is out of the building and about the community, sharing our expertise in 1-on-1 tech help, activities folks of all ages, and promoting all the resources that we have to offer. Here's where you can find us throughout the fall:
- We'll be at the Court at Brooklin lending some 1-on-1 tech help support on November 9th and December 1st.
- Hosting a book club for the Thrive Program at the Abilities Centre.
- Bringing our robots our to various schools in Whitby for hands-on workshops.
The Library is happy to visit schools and community groups, and equally pleased to have them come to us! For more information or to request a visit with the Library, please fill out our Library Visit Request form.
Please check back often for updates as we commit to new opportunities.
For information or questions regarding library outreach and partnership opportunities, please phone Jaclyn Derlatka, Community Engagement Librarian, at 905 668-6531 x.2007 or email email@example.com.
Don't forget to check out what's happening at all three of our locations!
Check out our latest newsletter for all upcoming events.