The Whitby Public Library is committed to being a valued community builder, and as part of this, we are able to bring various library services, expertise and resources directly to our community, outside of our library walls. We want to meet, learn and share with Whitby residents where they are.
Pop up Library
Our Pop up Library service allows us to deliver our resources and expertise at various locations around Whitby, by temporarily setting up a mini-library. The Pop up Library launched in October and so far we have stopped by the Abilities Centre, Iroquois Park, the Whitby Seniors' Activity Centre, the McKinney Centre and the Highland Towers at White Oaks Court.
Stay tuned to see where we'll be next...
We are out and about this month, hosting various library programs and activities across Whitby! Here’s where:
- 3D printing experts will be at St. Margurite d'Youville hosting a 3D design workshop.
- The Ozobots (and library staff!) are visiting St. John the Evangelist and St. Mark the Evangelist.
- The annual White Pine Battle of the Books will be taking place in Ajax this May, and staff will be on hand to cheer on Whitby teams.
- We are visiting the Durham Christian Homes and the Amica at Whitby Retirement Residence to host 1-on-1 computer help appointments with residents.
- Library staff are hosting an interactive activity for Thrive program participants at the Abilities Centre.
- Library staff are visiting Community Care Durham to host an interactive program with participants.
- We are visiting St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic School to host an introduction to 3D printing workshop with students from all grades.
- Library staff are attending multiple Welcome to Kindergarten information nights for parents this May!
- We are taking part in the "Make a Difference" event at West Lynde public school.
Please check back often for updates as we commit to new opportunities.
For information or questions regarding library outreach and partnership opportunities, please phone Jaclyn Derlatka, Community Engagement Librarian, at 905 668-6531 x.2007 or email email@example.com.
Don't forget to check out what's happening at all three of our locations!
Our March/April newsletter is available now.