Self-Serve 3D Printing
With our Self-Serve 3D Printer Service, you can unleash your inner 3D maker and use our MakerBot Replicator 2 printer yourself! How does it all work? To use our 3D printer, you’ll need:
- A WPL card
- To be 14 years of age or older
- To take our 3D Printer Orientation Workshop
Using a 3D Printer
Once you complete our 3D Printer Orientation Workshop, drop by the Central Library second floor information desk to get started using the 3D printer. Printers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are not available. A maximum of 3 hours is permitted for each print job.
The cost is $0.50 per 15 minutes (or a portion thereof) of printing. Print times are generated by the 3D printer once the job is complete.
Chosen from our Quick Print list, these 3D objects take between 16-30 minutes to print and cost $1.00 each. A Quick Print can be requested by anyone (including those under the age of 14) and does not require the 3D Printing Orientation Workshop.
To get a Quick Print, you’ll need to:
- Visit staff at the Central Library second floor information desk and pick your object from our Quick Print list.
- Pay for your object at the time of requesting.
- Stay in the library while your object prints.
- Show off your Quick Print to your family and friends!
Quick Print requests are subject to 3D printer availability. We are unable to take requests via email or phone.
3D Printing Workshops
Our 3D Printer Orientation and 3D Design workshops are offered monthly and registration is required. If a workshop is full, you can be added to the waitlist and we will contact you if space becomes available. For more details about our 3D Printing workshops.